Graduating early

After having some family problems at home, Andreina Bolivar made the decision to graduate early and move out of her house to get her own place.
    She graduated in December of 2009. Deciding to work full time at Dairy Queen, (address) was a big responsibilty for an 18 year old. Her decision was easier because she had already worked at Dairy Queen for 10 months.
    Bolivar increased her working hours to save money for a college education starting in July. She will attend The Art Institutes International-Kansas City located in Lenexa, Kan. Her goal is to graduate in three years with a bachelor’s degree in graphic design.  
    When Bolivar first moved out, she was an illegal roommate.  While Bolivar said it was fantastic, her plans changed when she was kicked out. She was homeless for a week. Since December, Bolivar has moved three times. Despite this, she does not regret her decision.
    “I had to get out for a while,” Bolivar said.
    When her mother found out about her decision, she was not happy and the two did not talk for a month. After things cooled off, the two began speaking again and now she has moved back in with the family.
    Even with being out of high school she still stays in touch with what is happening around the school. She asks friends what is going on, and she stops by to get information. She also plans to walk at graduation.