Room numbers confuse student body

A massive problem has taken root in LHS, no not the cockroaches, but the room numbering system. This problem plagues the very students that step foot in the hallways; it feasts on the confusion of sophomores and LINK leaders alike.

The depths of this problem plunge down to the creation of this school, and now it rears its ugly head continuously. Over the years nothing has been done to change the system, however, the problem has been added to and treated like a pile of sewage. The administration looks the other way with an attitude matching the students they teach. They do nothing, the prefer continuity to logic. Thus, the room number system continues to thrive without rhyme or reason.

In the English hallway, Room 230 is directly across from 206. Well, that makes sense.

Another frequently asked question is “where is Room 183?”  The 1 indicates that it is on the first floor. However, this room is in the annex, and thus, should be named as such. Name the annex numbers beginning with a 3, or just have it be two digits.  Also, in the science wing, Room 124A exists. What is the point of the “A” ? Another Room 124 does not exist.

Last year, a contest was held to change the room numbering system. The contest was a failure due to the three P’s: poor leadership, poor support and poor promotion. StuCo could improve the contest by having an actual prize, like $10 or gift certificates somewhere.

Also, maps used to help sophomores are printed in 2 point font. That does not help. It causes eye problems. School is supposed to prepare students for life, not prepare them for glaucoma.

Instead of continuing to bash the school, though it is great fun, another solution should be proposed.

Hold another contest. This time publicize it with posters, more announcements and actual prizes to prevent confusion, wait until the semester ends to change the numbers, or if the bureaucracy blocks it, change the system next year. The changes need to happen soon, or the system will perpetuate confusion among new students every year.