Kendra & Ashley’s ‘How To: Ask someone to winter formal’

1. Write “Formal?” on Cupcakes, Balloons, or Sidewalk. Add your own original twist to your invitation to the formal event. Make sure you write your name or phone number below the request, so your date can reply “Yes.”
  2. Ask someone via a large poster board. Choose a location the person you are asking frequents to ensure they spot your request. Decorate the poster so that it’s aesthetically pleasing and catches the eye of your invitee.
  3. Get a date through bold measures: use the school announcements. Once you have the administration’s approval, a creative way to earn yourself a date is through a school wide proposal to the date you desire. It will certainly be difficult for them to refuse, once the entire school is aware of your offer.
  4. Invite someone to be your date on a social media network. Each day, you can simply post one letter to the message of “Will you be my formal date?”. This particular method of asking will require a few weeks’ preparation, but it is worth it.
  5. Fortune cookies are an excellent way to lure in a date. This invitation takes quite a bit of planning before-hand. You first would have to contact a fortune cookie distributor and have them make this custom fortune saying “Formal?”. Once your special friend finds this delicious and alluring treat after all your hard work, they’ll be enticed to agree to attend the formal with you.
  6. Build-a-Bear or Build-a-Date? Journey to your local Build-a-Bear workshop. Start to build your bear, and be sure to include a voice recording asking your date prospect to the formal in question. Dress your bear in formal attire, and deliver your furry friend to your invitee.
  7. Write it on his/her windshield of their car. Sneak in their driveway early in the morning or late at night to ensure they don’t catch you in the act. Decorate their car and write a message relating to formal, but be sure to keep certain parts of the car uncovered to ensure safe driving for your date.
  8. Pop the question with a pop quiz. Make a deal with your perspective date’s teacher prior to the date of the quiz. Create a fake test for all of the students in the class. Every student except the date you had in mind should get a test that says, “This is a joke. Sit tight and be quiet.” However, your invitee should have a quiz that has a series of difficult questions. Make sure the extra credit question reads, “This quiz won’t count if you go to formal with (insert your name here).”
  9. For the winter months, utilize the snow. If snow is on the ground, write a personal message in the snow, beneath the person you’d love to attend a formal withs window. Call this person and tell them to look out their window.
  10. Spin a mix CD for the date of your choosing. Make a selection of songs you know will tickle the fancy of your prospective date. For the final song, make a voice recording of you inviting them to the formal dance.

158
View Comments (158)