Snoozing needs to improve

Dozing students are not an oddity in the classrooms of LHS.
  In fact, finding a student who remains awake the entire day could prove a challenge. The reason seems clear enough: students fail to get enough sleep at night. The debate, then, has emerged as to how students can get enough sleep.
  The multitude of students seem to be crying out for later arrival times to the school. This idea is even supported by Kansas State Health Officer, Dr. Jason Eberhart-Phillips. By expanding the free time before school begins, they say, students can gain more sleep time.
  This is a fallacy propagated by individuals who cannot see past their own noses. Adjusting the schedule of the school district will do nothing for students if they cannot change their personal schedules as well. And assuming they can change their schedules, why waste the school’s time by forcing them to change?
  The fact cannot be denied: students need more sleep. The best solution to this problem is the simplest: students need to go to bed earlier. Going the more complicated route of changing the entire school’s schedule is not worth the trouble when the problem can simply be solved with students hitting the sack before midnight.
  The alternate method, as well as being inefficient also would simply not serve the purpose. No matter how much later in the day school is set, the fact remains that there are only 24 hours within the day. Students would still have to stay in school for the same amount of time and they would have just as much to do after school gets out. Thus, when they leave school later, they would also have to go to bed later, meaning they still would not acquire the required amount of sleep for healthy learning.
  Another issue that comes with setting back the school schedule is students would still have to cope with the schedule of the rest of the world. Many students who have after-school jobs would be unable to keep them. Students would no longer be able to work before 5 p.m., the proposed time school would get out, so any jobs requiring workers before then would hire people who do not go to school.
  Students are better off right now than they would be with a new schedule in place. As such, it would be in the student body’s best interest to drop the idea of a new schedule. Students should either go to bed earlier or stop complaining.