Lady Lions Win Big

noimageLate on Tuesday night the lady Lions varsity basketball team went head to head against the Topeka West Chargers.

The Lions started with an early lead that only grew bigger as the game went on. Quarter by quarter, the Lions pulled farther ahead to end, with a final score of 71-37.

This game was an important time for the players to show their confidence, role as a player, and some a emerge a leader. The lady Lions were able to control the game by setting the pace and style of play that they could perform their best. Head Coach Nick Wood is content with the girls control of the game. “The girls were able to do such a good job of that of running around and trapping and creating a tempo that allowed us to be successful,” Wood said. The leadership roles on the team really had an impact on the outcome of the game. Some players stepped up, becoming role models, while also creating an environment that young players would be more confident in. One younger player that really emerged during the game was the freshman Jaycie Bishop. She finished the game with an outstanding 15 points.

Although a win is always good, this one really meant more to the team. Players were able to showcase themselves and be comfortable in the tempo of game they were used to. “We are not even close to finished product. We are continuously developing and working on our game. The girls they work really hard, and I’m excited they got to experience some success tonight,” Wood said.