Fan buses take students to and from sporting events

photo (4)

Friday night football games: students flood the west-side stands after a long week of school to cheer on their Lions. Students who go to home games can hang out with their friends while watching the Lions defend their home turf, but some fans want to go above and beyond; supporting the team away from home.

The student council has organized a fan bus that takes those students who want to go the extra miles to the away games.

Although students have shown interest, some are not quite sure how to get a spot. Senior Anna Meissbach, the student coordinator of the fan bus, gave The Budget details about how to get a spot to go cheer on the team.

Upon signing up, students are provided a ride to and from the game, as well as pizza on the way to the host school. A fan bus will be arranged by STUCO for all of the away football games, and possibly the basketball games (to be determined when the season comes).

Students can sign up for a spot in the finance office, and the fee is $7 per game. Spots will be available up until the bus leaves, but they will only be sold if there is space.

Away games are generally announced a week in advance during second hour announcements, so Meissbach recommends that you reserve your spot as soon as possible.

The student fan bus is now in its second year of operation, and student have been eager to support their team away from home. Having fans in the stands gives any team a competitive edge, so the more students that can go out and support the team, the better the chances are of bringing home a Lion victory!

163