The Trend Report Introduction

Kendra Schwartz02

As much as I love an enticing novel or analytical discourse, I also see the beauty in something so material as a cute pair of fall boots.

The Trend Report will be a weekly guide for what’s new in fashion told from a writer’s point of view. It will show the artistry behind design as well as the the world of fashion beyond what’s found in teen magazines.

I like to think of fashion as art, or at least a method of expression. At Lawrence High we are lucky enough to have a dress code that isn’t too strict, and, therefore, doesn’t prevent us from individual expression. From this, we gain a great diversity of fashion styles that paint our hallways.

At the same time, I am interested in how the trends on the runway play into the key pieces I spot on some of the girls in my classes. Some weeks, I may focus on things like how Tom Ford’s embellished layering for the fall translates into the wardrobes of students at LHS.

Although some weeks I will delve into my own closet for inspiration, I will also look out for students who make a statement with their fashion choices. I do not claim to be the omniscient expert in this field, but I strive to demonstrate my own passion.

So look out for The Trend Report blog each week if you’re interested in keeping up with what’s in and out in fashion, or have your own unique style to share. Tweet your pictures @lhsbudget and you could end up in next week’s Trend Report.

199