Students get creative for winter formal proposals

As Feb. 14 approaches, love is in the air. Roses, flowers, chocolate, and fish? The Valentine’s Day spirit struck early this year with various couples’ elaborate Winter Formal proposals.

One of the first guys to take the plunge and formally earn a date to formal was senior Cole Cummins. Through his segment on the announcements, “Cole’s World”, Cummins invited junior Madison Carbrey to the formal in front of the entire school.

With his signature line to end the announcement, Cummins encouraged Carbrey to “think about that” and landed a date.

Sophomore couple of 2 years, Riley Nelson and Logan Shields had a far less public proposal. Shields simply left photos of their relationship in Nelson’s locker as well as candy as a method of asking her to formal.

Another long-term boyfriend used a quirky pun to ask his girlfriend to formal. Senior Tristan Alfie asked junior Haley Ryan to formal with a sign reading, “Out of all of the fish in the sea, will you go to winter formal with me?” and a gift of a goldfish in a jar. Once the couple publicized the proposal on Instagram, this photo got numerous comments and 62 likes.

Earning a total of 73 likes, the photo of another couple’s proposal gained lots of attention on Instagram as well. Only a week ago, senior Bray Kelley invited his girlfriend, junior Karlie Rosenburger to winter formal, pulling all the shots. Giving her a bouquet of red roses, Kelley won a date by spelling out “FORMAL?” in Hershey’s chocolate kisses.

Whether a long term couple or two friends looking for a fun night, winter formal proposals have been popping up since the mention of a dance on Feb. 16. No matter how extravagant the proposal, these couples and others are sure to have fun on this festive night.