Senior utilizes musical talents

While many travel all over the school for their classes, senior Adam Edmonds spends the majority of his school day in one place: the music wing.

A participant of four choirs, two bands and AP Music Theory, Edmonds is well prepared for his future as a music educator.

Q: What is the hardest part about participating in so many music programs, both in school and extracurricular?

A: “The hardest part is juggling all of them and probably finding time to eat dinner. You just never find time to go eat dinner or swing by your house between after school and after-school rehearsals.”

Q: What is your favorite part about being so involved in the LHS music department?

A: “I think my favorite part is all the people I get to be involved with. You get to meet a lot of friends and hang out around a lot of cool people who share similar interests that you do.”

Q: What have you learned from being in so many music programs?

A: “I’ve learned how to really deal with younger kids. You get to learn and watch how the teacher directs things, and then that kind of reflects on me — how I should deal with kids and kind of teach them leading sectionals or whatever it may be.”

Q: What are your plans for music after you graduate?

A: “I want to go into a music education program in college and hopefully be in a marching band as well as sing in choir, so I’ll try to find a way to juggle it all at the collegiate level. I’m looking at KU, North Texas, Missouri State University and maybe Indiana.”

Q: What advice would you give to a student wanting to participate in the music programs but afraid they wouldn’t be good enough or wouldn’t fit in?

A: “You have to go for it because if you don’t, you’ll never know, and you’ll always be wondering what could have been. Once you get involved, you’ll realize there’s kids from all over the school involved in these programs. If you’re worried that you aren’t  good enough, just find a way to push yourself. I think self-motivation is huge, and our directors do a really good job of pushing kids forward in that.”