Senior Reaches for Future in Theater

Senior reaches for future in theater

ACting+%E2%80%94+Senior+Crosby+Dold+reaches+up+during+a+scene+in+the+winter+musical%2C+%E2%80%9CHow+to+Succeed+in+Business+Without+Really+Trying.%E2%80%9D+Dold+plans+to+study+theater+in+college.+
ACting — Senior Crosby Dold reaches up during a scene in the winter musical, “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.” Dold plans to study theater in college.

Ian Jones

Ian Jones

By Inez Robinson, Staff Writer

Senior Crosby Dold has big dreams of the big screen in her near future, and will be attending Cornell College in Mount Vernon, Iowa, this fall.

She plans on studying musical theater and gender studies at the liberal arts college, something that she deems as a perfect fit after struggling to find what made her unique in comparison to everyone around her, including her older sister.

“She’s smart and she’s everything I’d hope to be, but theater was mine,” Crosby Dold said. “Then it turned into ‘Oh I’m actually good at this.’ ”

Dold describes high school as a battleground with her identity at stake and finding the one thing that always felt natural at Lawrence High: theater.

“High school hasn’t always been kind to me,” Dold said, before reminiscing. “I’ll definitely miss the closeness of the cast here. There are so many good, talented people here that I can see bright futures for. I’ll miss Mrs. [Jamie] Johnson…a lot, but I’m ready to take that next step into the professional world.”

Dold participated in school plays, talent shows and choir performances throughout all four years of her high school career. With all of her experience, her dreams aren’t as far fetched as they might seem.

“I plan on, hopefully, getting an agent,” Dold said. “Maybe going to Chicago, trying out and doing auditions. There’s going to be a lot of auditioning in my future.”